Pan-Braised Chicken with Dried Fruits
Cumin-seasoned and sautéed chicken breasts are quick-braised in chicken broth, white wine and mixed dried fruits. Serve with couscous or rice.
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruits, large pieces halved
1 1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
Hot cooked couscous or rice
- Sprinkle chicken on all sides with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Push chicken to side of skillet. Add garlic to skillet and stir 30 seconds. Add dried fruits, wine and broth; bring to boil.
- Simmer chicken uncovered until just cooked through, turning chicken occasionally, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Increase heat and boil until sauce is slightly reduced, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve with couscous or rice.
Makes 6 servings.