Pan-Roasted Chicken Breast with Kiwifruit Relish
Recipe by Chef Daniel Ahern and Shauna Ahern (Gluten-Free Girl).
Fresh Kiwifruit Relish:
3 ZESPRI™ Green Kiwifruit, peeled, diced
1 orange, peeled, segmented, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, seeded, diced
1/2 cup tomato, seeded, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, seeded, diced
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Ground black pepper to taste (optional)
4 chicken breasts, skin on
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- For Fresh Kiwifruit Relish - Combine all ingredients in bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Sprinkle chicken breast with pepper and salt, if desired.
- Preheat oil in large oven-proof frying pan over high heat. Add chicken, skin side down and cook 2 to 3 minutes until browned. Flip chicken and place frying pan in oven.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155°F (65.5°C). Serve with kiwifruit relish.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Nutritional analysis is based on use of 1/2 teaspoon of salt in relish and no salt on the chicken.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 380; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 95mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 32g; Sodium: 390mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.