Pan Chicken with Jasmine Rice
Asian flavors and aromatic cinnamon permeate this spicy chicken dish served over lemon-scented jasmine rice.
1 cup cooked jasmine rice
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice - divided use
1 whole chicken, cooked, skinned, boned, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped Anaheim chile peppers
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth, warm
- While rice is still warm, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and toss to mix well.
- While chicken is still warm, sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice and garlic.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high temperature; add oil, then onions and peppers, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and stir fry about 1 minute. Add cooked rice and stir-fry. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and cinnamon, cooking and stirring until hot through, about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken broth over all and stir fry 1 minute more. Serve with chutney, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 211 calories; 21.4 g protein; 7.5 g total fat; 1.6 g saturated fat; 13.4 g carbohydrates; 61 mg cholesterol.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.