Pistachioed Lime Chicken
This terrific recipe for Pistachioed Lime Chicken was submitted by Marcy Wheeler of Claymont, Delaware.
2 whole broiler-fryer chicken breasts, halved, skinless and boneless
4 tablespoons butter - divided use
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, cut in half
1/2 cup pistachio nuts (natural color), coarsely chopped
2 limes, juiced
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound linguine, cooked al dente according to package instructions
1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cut each breast half cross-wise in 1/2-inch strips.
- In large skillet, place 2 tablespoons of the butter and olive oil; heat over medium temperature until butter foams. Add garlic and cook until soft, being careful not to brown. Remove garlic from skillet.
- Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add pistachio nuts to skillet; stir until lightly toasted. Stir in lime juice and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet; stir to coat with pistachio mixture.
- Toss remaining 2 tablespoons butter with cooked linguine; place on serving dish and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with grated lime peel.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.