Plantation Pecan Chicken
This terrific recipe for Plantation Pecan Chicken was submitted by Vivianne Marcotte of Hampton, New Hampshire.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup ground pecans
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
3 tablespoons butter
1 (6-ounce) jar chunky peach preserves
1/2 cup bottled mild salsa
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
4 canned Elberta peach halves, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
4 watercress sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken between two sheets plastic wrap and gently pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In shallow dish, mix together pecans, bread crumbs, salt, cheese and tarragon.
- In skillet, place butter and melt over low heat. Remove from heat and leave in pan to cool slightly.
- Dip chicken, one piece at a time, first in butter and then in pecan mixture. Arrange chicken on large nonstick baking pan.
- Place in 450°F (230°C). oven and bake about 15 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In small saucepan, place peach preserves, salsa and capers. Cook, stirring, to heat through, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter and spoon sauce on top. Fill peach halves with scoop of sour cream and place beside chicken. Garnish with watercress sprigs, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.