Pollo de Barcelona
This terrific recipe for Pollo de Barcelona was submitted by Patricia Houston of Danby, Vermont.
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup capers
1/2 cup chopped green olives
1/3 cup chopped black olives
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large tomatoes, seeded, diced
1/2 cup red wine
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
l/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 teaspoons anchovy paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 split chicken breasts, deboned with skin on
2 medium eggplant
4 squares (12x12) heavy duty foil
- In small bowl, place sun-dried tomatoes. Add boiling water and soak 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, place capers, green olives, black olives, garlic, diced tomatoes, wine and basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drain dried tomatoes and place in food processor with anchovy paste; pulse, adding olive oil, until smooth.
- Create a pocket under skin of each chicken breast and insert 1/4 dried tomato mixture.
- Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch slices and arrange evenly on foil squares. Place chicken on top. Add olive-caper mixture in equal portions over chicken. Fold and seal foil over all.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 40 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.