Potato Crusted Chicken
This terrific recipe for Potato Crusted Chicken was submitted by Michael Holowis of Pottstown, Pennsylvania.
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup cultured buttermilk
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 medium baking potato, peeled and shredded
1 medium yam, peeled and shredded
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
Red leaf lettuce for garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl, place chicken and buttermilk; cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and mustard; place in large skillet and add chicken in single layer. Sauté over medium heat 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken, meatiest side up, to 13x9x2-inch baking dish lined with foil.
- In medium bowl, mix together baking potato, yam, brown sugar, bread crumbs and parsley flakes; spoon evenly over chicken.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven about 45 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
- Garnish with red leaf lettuce, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.