Quick Chicken and Noodles Stir-Fry
Fast and tasty chicken stir-fry made with that old favorite standby—ramen noodles.
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 quart water
1 teaspoon salt
2 (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavored oriental soup
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced thin
2/3 cup thinly-sliced carrots
1 cup diagonally-cut celery
2 cups thinly-sliced cabbage
1/4 chicken broth, warmed
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips.
- In saucepan, place water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Add noodles (without flavor packets), stir to separate and cook about 2 minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In large deep skillet or wok, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add garlic and onion; stir-fry until onion is clear, about 4 minutes.
- Increases heat to high and add chicken, continuing to stir-fry until chicken is done, about 6 minutes.
- Push all ingredients to side or pan or wok and add in center of pan carrots, celery and both flavor packets. Stir and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and mix all ingredients together; stir-fry about 2 minutes more.
- Add cooked noodles and chicken broth, mixing well until heated through, about 2 more minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.