Roasted Pepper Chicken Rolls
This terrific recipe for Roasted Pepper Chicken Rolls was submitted by Carolyn Blakemore of Fairmont, West Virginia.
4 broiler-fryer chicken boneless, skinless breast halves
1 tablespoon hot jalapeño mustard
1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut in 1-inch strips
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; flatten with mallet. Remove to a plate and spread chicken lightly with mustard. Place one strip of roasted pepper down center of each chicken breast half. Sprinkle with pepper. Roll chicken up over red pepper and secure with wooden picks.
- In shallow bowl, place buttermilk.
- In another shallow bowl, place crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix.
- Add chicken, one piece at a time, first in buttermilk and then in stuffing crumbs, dredging to coat.
- In skillet, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove chicken to baking pan covered with foil and sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Set temperature control at Broil and arrange oven rack so chicken is about 6 inches from heat. Broil, turning, about 5 minutes, or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove to serving platter. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.