Sautéed Chicken with Pears
Sautéed chicken breast strips in a sweet and savory orange sauce with pears, celery, onion and sugar snap peas.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into strips
4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh orange peel - divided use
Vegetable cooking spray
4 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, each sliced in 8 pieces lengthwise
1/2 cup sliced celery
3 spring onions, sliced
1/2 pound sugar snap peas, ends snapped
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth, warm
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of the orange peel; let sit 5 minutes.
- Spray large skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium high temperature. Add chicken and sauté, turning, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle pears with remaining 1 teaspoon orange peel and add to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Add celery and onions; cook 2 minutes more.
- Add sugar snap peas and sauté about 3 more minutes or until just tender.
- Add orange juice, broth, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Serve with rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.