Sautérned Artichoke Chicken
This terrific recipe for Sautérned Artichoke Chicken was submitted by Mildred Fortner of Montgomery, Alabama.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
6 tablespoons butter - divided use
1 (16-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and pearl onions
1 pound small whole mushrooms
2 tablespoons chopped green onion, white and green parts included
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Sautérne wine
1/2 cup plain yogurt
Cherry tomatoes for garnish (optional)
Lemon twists for garnish (optional)
Parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with celery salt and lemon pepper.
- In skillet, place 4 tablespoons butter and melt over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on both sides. Remove chicken to 3-quart casserole.
- Arrange artichoke hearts and peas and onions in and around chicken.
- In same fry pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to drippings. Add mushrooms and green onion; sauté about 3 minutes or until tender but not brown. Sprinkle flour over vegetable mixture and stir in oregano, chicken broth and wine. Simmer 2 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Cover and bake in oven at 375°F (190°C) about 25 minutes, or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Gradually add yogurt, stirring constantly and heating thoroughly. Serve over rice. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, lemon twists and parsley sprigs, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.