Sesame Chicken Skewers
Your family and guests will love this quick, tasty dish with its sophisticated Asian accents. Makes a great appetizer, as well.
1/2 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
1/2 cup saké (rice wine)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
12 to 16 (6-inch) skewers
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, saké, sugar, garlic, ginger, bouillon and oil in medium bowl; reserve 1/3 cup.
- Add chicken to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting with reserved marinade, for 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro before serving.
Makes 4 (3 to 4 skewer) servings.
Note: If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 200 Calories from Fat: 25 Total Fat: 3 g Saturated Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 1140 mg Carbohydrates: 11 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 9 g Protein: 27 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.