Sonora Chicken with Skillet Corn
This terrific recipe for Sonora Chicken with Skillet Corn was submitted by Jan Rian of Beaverton, Oregon.
4 broiler-fryer chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 large garlic clove, crushed
Skillet Corn (recipe follows)
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and cumin; rub in with fingers.
- In medium dish, mix together olive oil, lime juice and garlic. Add chicken; marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Place large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and place in skillet. Sauté, turning, about 10 minutes or until light brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with east. Remove to platter and keep warm.
- Prepare Skillet Corn. Place on serving platter. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Cut chicken crosswise in thick slices and arrange beside Skillet Corn.
Makes 4 servings.
Skillet Corn: In medium skillet, place 2 cups frozen corn, 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans and 3 tablespoons milk. Simmer on low temperature, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes or until no milk remains. Stir in 1 small avocado, cubed.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.