Spicy Indonesian Chicken with Sweet Potato Chips
This terrific recipe for Spicy Indonesian Chicken with Sweet Potato Chips was submitted by Rosalie Seebeck of Bethany, Oklahoma.
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided use
4 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 orange, juiced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ancho chili, finely chopped
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, 1 finely chopped,
2 thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- In 13x9-inch baking dish, place chicken thighs in single layer. Drizzle 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over top and place in 425°F (220°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix together marmalade, orange juice, lime juice, curry powder, garlic salt, cinnamon, ancho chili and chopped sweet potato. Spoon over chicken and continue baking 20 minutes more, basting once with pan juices.
- Place sweet potato slices in cold water to keep from turning brown.
- In medium skillet over medium high heat, place remaining vegetable oil. Drain potatoes, pat dry and place, a few slices at a time, in hot oil. Fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter with potato chips. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.