Tabouli Chicken Casserole
A hearty Middle Eastern chicken dish featuring a delicious combination of garbanzo beans, tomatoes, chicken and artichoke hearts with hints of garlic, lemon peel and mint, and topped with finely chopped cucumber and parsley.
3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes - divided use
1/2 cup hot water
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3 x 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 cup bulgur
1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease large casserole dish.
- Dissolve 2 bouillon cubes in hot water; set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining bouillon cube; cook, stirring frequently, until bouillon is dissolved. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add beans, tomatoes and juice, artichokes, carrot, wine, garlic, mint, lemon peel and bouillon mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Top with cooked chicken. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve topped with cucumber and parsley.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.