Tangy Baked Lemon Chicken
Delicious oven-fried chicken in a tangy lemon sauce. This dish is similar to a favorite Chinese restaurant menu item, "Lemon Chicken".
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt - divided use
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning - divided use
1 cut-up broiler-fryer chicken
4 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, halved
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In shallow dish, mix together flour, 1 teaspoon of the salt, paprika and 1/4 teaspoon of the poultry seasoning. Add chicken, one piece at a time, turning to coat lightly. Dip each piece of floured chicken in melted butter; arrange, skin down, in single layer in prepared baking pan. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.*
- Bake uncovered, in 375°F (190°C) oven for 25 minutes.
- In food processor or blender, place lemon juice, green onion, pepper, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the poultry seasoning; process or blend 30-seconds.
- After chicken has cooked for 25 minutes, remove from oven, turn and spoon lemon sauce over each piece; then spoon pan drippings over chicken. Return to oven and bake 25 minutes more.
Makes 4 servings.
*May be done night before or in morning before leaving for work.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.