Tangy Mango Chicken
Marinated chicken breasts are baked in a sweet and tangy mango sauce.
4 bone-in chicken breast halves
3/4 cup wine vinegar - divided use
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon finely minced gingerroot
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Place chicken in large glass bowl.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of the vinegar and thyme; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade and arrange in shallow baking pan; sprinkle with salt.
- In small saucepan, mix together brown sugar, gingerroot, garlic, onion and remaining 1/4 cup vinegar. Add chopped mangoes and bring to a boil, stirring, over medium heat; pour over chicken.
- Place chicken in 325°F (160°C) oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Remove chicken to warm serving dish and keep warm.
- Pour liquid from baking pan into sauce pan and heat over medium temperature, stirring, about 4 minutes or until slightly thickened; pour over chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.