Tex-Mex Chicken Sauté
This terrific recipe for Tex-Mex Chicken Sauté was submitted by Paula McHargue of Richmond, Kentucky.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium yellow pepper, cut in thin strips
1 lime, peeled, cut in very thin slices and finely slivered
1 head Romaine lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
4 cups hot cooked orzo for accompaniment
- In zip-lock bag, place chicken. Add lime juice, cornstarch, chili powder, cumin and pepper. Seal bag and shake to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- In skillet, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes or until light brown. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, place onion, yellow pepper and lime. Sauté about 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Stir in Romaine lettuce and cook about 1 minute or until wilted. Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 minute or until heated through.
- To serve, place orzo on large platter and spoon chicken mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.