Vegetable Rosemary Chicken
This terrific recipe for Vegetable Rosemary Chicken was submitted by Bernice Janowski of Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
8 broiler-fryer chicken thighs, skinned
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil - divided use
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sliced carrots
2 large red onions, cut in wedges
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, ribs removed, torn in bite-size pieces
- In plastic bag, mix together flour, salt, pepper and rosemary. Add chicken, one piece at a time, shaking to coat.
- In large skillet, place 1 tablespoon of oil and heat to medium-high temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 6 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- In skillet, add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, garlic, carrots and onions. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add broth and vinegar. Reduce heat to low temperature, cover and simmer, turning once, about 15 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Stir in spinach and cook until spinach begins to wilt.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.