Vietnamese Chicken Wings with Maggi Sauce
These chicken wings are moist and flavorful in a tangy, aromatic glaze with a hint of heat.
4 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons salt
7 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup rice vinegar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon butter
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment
- Place chicken in large bowl; sprinkle with salt. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Combine chicken and garlic in large bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides (in batches, if necessary). Place on paper towels to drain.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, seasoning sauce and chili powder in medium bowl.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoning sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Add chicken; cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid thickens to a glaze and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 750 Calories from Fat: 390 Total Fat: 43 g Saturated Fat: 11 g Cholesterol: 175 mg Sodium: 1990 mg Carbohydrates: 44 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 25 g Protein: 44 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.