Zesty Honey Baked Chicken
This terrific recipe for Zesty Honey Baked Chicken was submitted by Jan Nardone of Sitka, Alaska.
6 boneless, skinless broiler-fryer chicken breast halves
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 lime juiced and 1 teaspoon peel, finely grated
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
6 large garlic cloves, diced
6 green onions, diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
Lettuce leaves for garnish (optional)
Orange slices for garnish (optional)
Red seedless grape cluster for garnish (optional)
- In glass baking dish, place chicken.
- In medium bowl, mix together lemon juice, lime juice, grated lime peel, olive oil, 1/4 cup honey and salt. Add garlic and green onion; reserve 1/4 cup marinade and pour remainder over chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in ungreased baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of reserved marinade and remaining 3 tablespoons honey. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds on chicken and bake about 15 minutes more or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- To serve, line a platter with lettuce leaves. Top with chicken and garnish with orange slices and grapes, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.