A mouth-watering powdered sugar-chocolate
topping gives these easy-to-make cookies an extra special flair.
This great tasting cookie is perfect for any occasion.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 envelopes NESTLÉ ABUELITA Instant
Chocolate Drink Mix - divided use
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 envelopes
Abuelita in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar, remaining 4 envelopes
Abuelita and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in
eggs and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon
and salt; mix until just combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour or
until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Return
dough to refrigerator to chill slightly if it becomes too soft
to work with. Roll in Abuelita-sugar mixture; place on ungreased
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges
are set and tops are crackled; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Sprinkle with any remaining Abuelita-sugar mixture, if desired.
Makes 48 (4 dozen) cookies.
Nutritional Information Not Provided.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.