Abuelita Cinnamon Crinkles
A mouthwatering powdered sugar-chocolate topping gives these easy-to-make cookies an extra special flair. This great tasting cookie is perfect for any occasion.
1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 envelopes NESTLÉ ABUELITA Instant Chocolate Drink Mix - divided use
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 envelopes Abuelita in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar, remaining 4 envelopes Abuelita and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix until just combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Return dough to refrigerator to chill slightly if it becomes too soft to work with. Roll in Abuelita-sugar mixture; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set and tops are crackled; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with any remaining Abuelita-sugar mixture, if desired.
Makes 48 cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.