Almond Brandy Cookies
These sugary cookie logs, flavored with anise seed and brandy, will be a welcome addition to any holiday buffet table or cookie exchange.
2 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon anise seed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup brandy
1/2 cup chopped almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, and butter.
- In another bowl mix together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and stir in anise seed, vanilla, brandy and chopped almonds.
- Separate the dough into 4 balls. Roll the dough into a roll about 1-inch across. Then cut the dough every 1/2-inch to make bars 1-inch by 1/2-inch wide. For a more "log-like" cookie, cut each cookie in half, prior to baking them.
- Place on a greased and floured baking sheet with 1/2-inch in between cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven. Will look similar to shortbread but much lighter and cake-like.
Makes 32 cookies.