Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
5 large egg yolks
1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, almonds and almond extract; beat to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture into mixing bowl, beating on low speed until combined.
- Place half of cookie dough on waxed or parchment paper; shape dough into 1-inch by 15-inch roll; repeat with remaining dough.
- Wrap in freezer wrap; freeze until ready to bake (at least two hours to firm up dough).
- When ready to bake, Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice cookies into 1/4-inch slices; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes Remove from oven; place on cooling rack. Cool completely.
Makes 36 cookies.
Tip: If desired, melt chocolate and drizzle on top of cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 121; Total Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 43mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 76mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.