Almost Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council.
1/2 cup soy flour (35% protein)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips* - divided use
1/4 cup soy oil
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Sift soy flour, all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt into medium mixing bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Melt the second 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in microwave or in bowl over hot water. Stir in oil, water and vanilla extract. Stir melted chocolate mixture into flour mixture until well blended.
- Using a 1-ounce cookie scoop, or by rounded teaspoonful, drop cookies onto parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Using back of a fork, press down twice to create a criss cross pattern.
- In small bowl stir sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle a pinch over each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 cookies.
*It is almost vegan. The chocolate does have a small amount of milk product in it.
Tip: You can blend the soy oil with olive oil depending how much of a background olive oil flavor you like.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Soyfoods Council.