Apple Oat Sesame Cookies
A wholesome, chewy cookie to serve at snack time or even for a quick breakfast.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped Golden Delicious apples
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 large egg
3/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In large bowl, mix both flours, the oats, sesame seeds, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in apples.
- In small bowl, beat together honey, oil, milk, and egg; add to oat mixture and stir until combined. Fold in raisins, if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool.
Makes about 24 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Protein: 2g; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrate: 20g; Fiber: 2g; Sodium: 59mg; Cholesterol: 9mg; Calories: 137.
Recipe provided courtesy of Washington Apple Commission.