Apple Raisin Chews
Cinnamon-scented applesauce oat cookies studded with raisins.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup applesauce
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add applesauce, egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes 4 dozen.