Apricot-Almond Mini-Cookie Cups
Cinnamon-scented applesauce oat cookies studded with raisins.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick oats
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup apricot preserves
1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, almond extract, and vanilla extract on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add oats and flour; mix well.
- Roll level measuring tablespoons of dough into balls; place into ungreased mini muffin pan cups. Press dough over bottom and up sides of each muffin cup. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, preserves and almonds; mix well. Fill each dough “cup” with 1 level measuring tablespoon of filling.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until edges of dough are golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks.
Makes about 40 cookie cups.