Banana Bread Biscotti
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare cookie sheet by spraying with canola baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine banana, oil, egg and vanilla extract, and mix until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and walnuts to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. If the mixture seems dry, use your hands to mix until dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, divide in half, and shape each piece into an 8-inch long log. Place rolls 4 inches apart on baking sheet. Flatten rolls to 1-inch thickness.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet and cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut each roll diagonally into 15 slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C) and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 24 biscotti.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 82; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 9mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 43mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.