Banana Oatmeal Rocks
Glazed banana oatmeal spice cookies, loaded with raisins, walnuts and dates.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
1 3/4 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) . Line cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- For Cookies: In medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until creamy; beat in bananas, egg and lemon peel, mixing well. Stir flour mixture;mix well. Stir in oats, raisins, nuts and dates; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. (Do not overbake; cookies should remain soft.) Slide cookies and paper from cookie sheets onto wire rack; cool while preparing glaze.
- For Glaze: Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Spoon small amount of glaze over each warm cookie, letting glaze run down sides of cookie. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.