Basic Cookie Dough
This is a good, basic cookie dough recipe with which you can add different ingredients to customize the taste and texture to your personal preferences.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Mix-In Suggestions: citrus peel, pumpkin pie spice, instant coffee, toffee chips, peppermint chips, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, raisins, dried cherries and cranberries, etc.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In separate bowl, whisk flour and baking soda together, then add slowly to creamed mixture, beating until combined.
- Add your favorite Mix-In(s) in proportion to personal taste.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
Tip: Add Mix-In ingredients such as citrus peel, spices and instant coffee (1 to 2 teaspoons) when adding the eggs and vanilla. Add Mix-In ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts or raisins (1 to 2 cups) after flour mixture has been incorporated into the dough.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.Ginnys.com; through ARA Content.