Berry Good For You Cookies
Delicious whole wheat cookies loaded with dried cherries, cranberries and coconut. Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
3/4 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine canola oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Beat ingredients until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to canola mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in rolled oats, coconut, cherries, cranberries, almonds and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on a non-stick cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 60 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/60 of recipe): Calories: 100; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 50mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.