Best Oatmeal Drop Cookies
Chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with raisins, nut and/or coconut.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups old-fashioned (rolled) oats
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raisins, chopped nuts, coconut, or a mixture
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oatmeal; set aside.
- In large bowl cream together sugars and shortening until fluffy; add eggs milk, and vanilla and blend well. Stir in flour/oat mixture until just mixed. Fold in 1 cup of your choice, chopped nuts, raisins, or coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in sealed container.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.