Big Batch Chocolate-y Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies laced with grated milk chocolate.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup vegetable shortening
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons water
4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 (12-ounce) packages or 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 (7-ounce) milk chocolate candy bar, coarsely grated
2 cups chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and water and beat until smooth.
- Add oatmeal/flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto baking sheets 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown around edges. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.