Big Chocolate Chunk Nut Cookies
Enjoy these biggies with a tall glass of cold milk, or transform them into giant ice cream sandwiches with your favorite ice cream!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1 (11.5-ounce) package (1 3/4 cups) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks*
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the melted butter and both sugars until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time, 3-inches apart, onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
*Or substitute with NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.