Blueberry-White Morsels Biscotti
These delicious biscotti are so easy to make, are great for gift giving, and they ship beautifully to friends and family. Developed by Carol Almonte, Wintersville, OH.
1 (18.25 to 18.9-ounce) package blueberry muffin mix with can of blueberries
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 2 baking sheets. Drain blueberries; set aside.
- Combine muffin mix, flour, butter and eggs just until combined in large bowl. Fold in 1 1/2 cups morsels and drained blueberries with floured hands. Shape half of the dough into a 12-inch-long roll (dough may be sticky). Place on a prepared cookie sheet; flatten slightly until about 2 inches wide. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheets on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cut each roll diagonally into 3/4-inch slices with serrated knife. Place slices, cut sides down, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 6 to 8 minutes more or until light brown (do not overbake). Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
- Place remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds, knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10- second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle biscotti. Let stand until drizzle is set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 24 hours or freeze up to 3 months for longer storage.
Makes 24 biscotti.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 30 mg Sodium: 160 mg Carbohydrates: 26 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 10 g Protein: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.