Cinnamon, nuts and raisins are the defining ingredients in these simple cookies.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisin
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and gradually add sugar to blend. Beat in egg. Blend in flour mixture, then stir in nuts and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.