Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
All brown sugar—no white sugar—is used to make these rich-flavored chocolate chip cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture to blend. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop scant tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Do not over bake. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.