Candy Bar Cookies
Buttery peanut butter cookie dough is wrapped around squares of milk chocolate, baked, and drizzled with chocolate icing.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 (16-ounce) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, beat together softened butter, creamy peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Cut chocolate candy bar into 1/2-inch squares. Form a teaspoonful of the dough around each piece and bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool, then drizzle on the chocolate glaze.
- Chocolate Glaze: In a bowl combine powdered sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa, and milk. Add additional milk, slowly, as needed to make a drizzling glaze.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.