Cashew Nut Cookies
Frosted sour cream and brown sugar cookies studded with chopped, salted cashews.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped salted cashews
1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and sour cream with electric mixer. Stir in the flour mixture until just blended and then stir in the nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing: Heat 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan until it is a light amber color. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar and milk. Add more milk, if needed for spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.