Celestial Oatmeal Cookies
Heavenly, out-of-this-world-good, oatmeal pumpkin cookies drizzled with an orange-scented glaze.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) 70% vegetable oil spread
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
2 large egg whites or 1 large egg
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pitted prunes, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and vegetable oil spread in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Add pumpkin, egg whites and orange peel; beat well. (Mixture will look curdled.) Add combined oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in prunes and walnuts. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. (Do not overbake). Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl; mix well. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze sets. Store tightly covered.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.