Incredibly good cookies loaded with dried tart cherries, white chocolate chips and chopped cashews.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 2/3 cups coarsely chopped white chocolate or vanilla milk chips
1 1/2 cups dried tart cherries
1 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate, dried cherries and cashews.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. Do not overbake.
- Let cool on wire racks; store in a tightly covered container.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
Tip: These cookies freeze well.
Recipe provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.