Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Double the chocolate, chewy chocolate cookies loaded with chocolate chips.
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Do not overbake; the cookies will be soft. Cool slightly before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.