Chewy Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Delectable, chewy chocolate cookies loaded with chopped hazelnuts.
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together butter, oil, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, whole wheat flour, unsweetened baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped hazelnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.