Soft caramel candies are baked inside chocolate cookie dough—then the baked cookies are drizzled with a chocolate glaze. Simply irresistible treats!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
18 soft caramels, cut in half
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- For Cookies: In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking cocoa and pecans. Mix well. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy, add the egg, milk and vanilla; continue beating for another 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture to form soft dough.
- Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic and chill 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Mold dough by rounded teaspoons around a each caramel half. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 7 minutes to 8 minutes.
- Transfer cookies immediately to wire cookie racks or paper towels to cool. After cookies have cooled, swirl cookies with chocolate glaze.
- For Chocolate Glaze: In a small bowl, blend together powdered sugar, corn syrup, cocoa, butter and hot water.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.