As pretty as they are delicious, you add your mark to these chocolate cookies by indenting them with your thumb and placing a cherry on top.
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 3/4 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt, (optional)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (10-ounce) jars maraschino cherries, drained and blotted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in oat mixture. Cover; refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; press thumb into tops to make deep depression. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Fill each depression with maraschino cherry.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Melt remaining morsels; drizzle over cookies.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Nutritonal Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe): Calories: 124 Calories from Fat: 48 Total Fat: 5.3 g Saturated Fat: 2.8 g Cholesterol: 16 mg Sodium: 51 mg Carbohydrates: 18.1 g Dietary Fiber: .9 g Sugars: 6.6 g Protein: 1.8 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.