Chocolate Chip Cookies Deluxe
Two types of chocolate—semisweet chocolate and milk chocolate—put the 'deluxe' in this version of the classic chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
3 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Process oats in a blender or food processor until finely ground. Combine oats, flour, and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate morsels, chopped candy bars, and pecans.
- Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place on baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes 7 dozen cookies.