Sure to please the chocolate and coconut
lovers in your family, these cookies are easy to make and require
no baking. Created by Diana A. Morrison of Long Beach, CA.
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted
- 1 (12-ounce) box vanilla wafers, finely
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 (7-ounce) package or 2 2/3 cups sweetened
flaked coconut - divided use
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- Melt morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe
bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain
some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional
10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Combine crushed vanilla wafers, almonds,
1 1/2 cups of the shredded coconut and powdered sugar in very
large mixing bowl. Stir in corn syrup, melted morsels and cream
of coconut until combined.
- Shape into balls using about 1 tablespoon
of the mixture. A small cookie scoop may be used to help shape
these cookies, if desired. Roll in remaining coconut. Store in
airtight container in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature
about 1 hour before serving.
Makes 72 (6 dozen) cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/72
of recipe): Calories: 90 Calories from Fat: 35 Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 30 mg Carbohydrates:
13 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 11 g Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.