Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Triangles of tender, buttery shortbread
dipped in semisweet chocolate.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine,
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate
chips (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer
at medium speed, blend together the flour, butter, powdered sugar
and vanilla until blended.
- Press dough into an ungreased 9-inch square
baking pan. Score dough into 16 squares with a sharp knife. Score
each square into 2 triangles. Prick each triangle twice with
the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly
browned. Cool in pan on wire rack for
5 minutes and then cut into triangles. Allow to cool completely
in pan on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together
in the top of a double-boiler over simmering water. (Or melt
in a 2-cup glass measure in microwave oven on HIGH for 1 minute,
stir and heat for additional 30 seconds to 1 minute as needed
until melted, being careful not to scorch the chocolate).
- Dip one corner of each triangle into chocolate
mixture. Place on wax paper (or plastic wrap; aluminum foil)
and let stand until chocolate is set.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.