Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Cream cheese cookies with swirls of semisweet chocolate marbled throughout.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (3-ounce) package of cream cheese
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms. Fold melted chips into dough until lightly marbled. (Do not over mix.)
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely before storing.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.